Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thursday Threads - Geek Jewelry


Geek clothes are awesome. I love posting about them and I''m constantly thrilled that more and more become available for women all the time. Because as we all know, women are geeks too. So it's really great that it's not just clothes that are now being marketed to women, but jewelry as well. Really, really kick-ass jewelry. 

This post started really small with a few neat rings that I found and then totally spun out of control as I found so much more than I had even anticipated and I just had to keep adding more and more to this post. In the end, I ended up cutting some of it out, just to try and keep some control. 

So here is some of the best of what I found and where you can get it 
(just click on the company name)




When I found RING Jewelry, I fell in love! Just look at these amazing rings with Star Wars quotes spelled out in Aurebesh (the common language in Star Wars)

"He's no good to me dead"

"The Force is stronge with this one"

"These aren't the droids we're looking for"

"The Force will be with you, always"

"Do or do not. There is no try"

"I love you" & "I know"

"I love you" & "I know"
I really love the coloured Han and Leia ones! So awesome! And check out these amazing ring boxes



So it's not all Star Wars, they offer a great selection of other geek rings as well









I always hate when I find awesome stuff on Think Geek. It's such an amazing store, but the shipping to Canada is killer. So I guess I will just have to dream and hope that they will open a Canadian office one day. I mean, just look at this fun stuff!






I am in love with these earring! I really want the x-wings!









I love that there is such a market for geeky rings, especially matching ones! These are all super amazing!





Stargate Rings!!!!








I really love Badali Jewelry because their main focus is on books and the jewelry that the characters wear, and it includes some of my favorites. 


Anything from Wheel of Time is good in my books. I love the great serpent ring, the logo and the Asha'man pins!




These metal vials from the Mistborn Trilogy make me squeal with joy!



They even have the glyphs from the Stormlight Archive!

who wants to join Bridge Four?

The other really great thing about this site is that it offers the jewelry in many different metals and price ranges.




Gotta love Etsy! It's the perfect place to sell amazing geek jewelry. This is one of my favorite stores. I mean, just look at everything! There's something for everyone!












I love these tiara rings! They are so amazing!









This One Ring is pretty neat. You can either have it say it's original markings "Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." Translated, the words mean: One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. OR you can have it say whatever you want written in Tengwar









Sonic Screwdrivers!!








Personalized in Aurebesh

So much R2-D2!!

















Princess Leia's belt! Cloud City! Swoon!











These necklaces and rings have a beautiful framework that I really love








Geordi's visor! Squeel!! 





I am enamored with these beautiful book quote cuffs! 








This is me. It has turned my brain, indeed






what perfect earrings! They sum it up nicely, don't they?





how cute are these Street Fighter earrings. They look great with both in one ear, but I think they would look pretty cool in both.






I do love Hot Topic with it's easy accessibility to geek culture. It may not be the highest quality stuff, but it's amazing and available and I think that's awesome!

















These Disney branded rings are full of wonder! I really love them





















These Mickey & Minnie and Donald & Daisy rings are both cute, weird and geeky










Shana Logic always has great stuff that keeps me coming back for more!
I'm on her mailing list and the emails are always adorable and quirky. Be sure to check out all of her other amazing , non-pop culture stuff


This Neverending Story Auryn necklace makes me giddy with joy!






I love that the doors to these little Hobbit holes open!





These rings are beautifully worked. I love all the little details








These rings are really great for engagement rings. Not only can you get matching rings, but most of them come as a wedding set with both engagement and wedding bands


















Here are some more beautifully done rings that would be gorgeous on their own, but are made even better with a geeky flare. Most of these are special pieces that he has made for various couples



Not only does it look like Lightning's armor from XIII-3, but it has hidden cataurs inside!



I love these lightsaber rings!



What a gorgeous Chibi Moon ring in rose gold!




This strange piece has both the dragon from Dragonball Z and the Tri-force symbol! What a neat mix of pop culture for a very special girl!



These designs are a bit more simplistic, but that doesn't lessen their awesomeness 









This is a great little shop for all your geek charm needs. It makes me super happy to see these little charms that can either brighten up your cosplay or your everyday wardrob


I am in love with this little phoenix down






Last, but not least, we have some beautifully stunning silver work to melt your geeky heart











So is your heart (and wallet) aflutter? I know mine is. There are so many great geeky pieces to choose from, and hopefully you all found something special to catch your eye.


Thanks to Geek X Girls, Fashionably Geek for helping to keep my wallet empty

No comments:

Post a Comment