Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tunage Tuesday - The Last Unicorn


The Last Unicorn is probably my favorite piece of media. From what started out as a love of the movie when I was a child, became so much more when I discovered that it was based on a book.
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle is a beautiful masterpiece that I go back to over and over again in my life.


Every incarnation of it has found a place in my heart and it remains one of my favorite books, favorite movies, favorite graphic novels and has one of my favorite songs in it.
Obviously I'm not the only person who has fallen in love with the music from the movie.

Dan Avidan and Brian Wecht decided to do this beautiful cover of the opening song


I was so excited when I heard that Peter S. Beagle was doing a tour of North America with the movie, now that he has the rights back, and horrified when I found out that it had already come to Toronto and I had missed it :(

art by Amaltheas
Here is another version of the same song by Ashley Serena feat. Karliene


Absolutely gorgeous

art by Potato Farm Girl

And, of course, there is my favorite song, perhaps of all times, played by Eddie Patin


How can you not love this love song that Lir sings to Amalthea

art by Stella B


Here is the original version of the song, if you're interested


If you haven't checked out The Last Unicorn yet, I highly recommend you grab the book, movie and the graphic novel. They are worth it

That's all I have to tell you... That's all I've got to say

No comments:

Post a Comment