Monday, December 30, 2013

52 Books in 52 Weeks


I love books! I love getting lost in the pages, taken over by the words within.
I read a lot. I mean a lot a lot.
I usually read about a book a week or so.
I read on my commute to and from work, which is about 45 minutes each way. I read for another 45 minutes or so on my lunch break, including when I'm eating. And on most days, I slip into a nice hot bubble bath at the end of my day and read for another 45 minutes or so.
If it's a good book, I'll include 15 minute breaks at work and before bed.
If a book takes me longer than 2 weeks, it means I'm really not enjoying it and finding other things to do during those times that I'm usually reading.

In the last year, I've been keeping track of the books that I've read on Goodreads (you can check out my link to it in the top right corner)

This year I've read 42 books. That's pretty good, but I think I can do better in 2014.
I'm going to challenge myself to read 52 books in 52 weeks!

Yes, that comes down to one book a week all year. Can I do it? I guess we'll just have to see.
Are you interested in trying this too? You can sign up here!
They've set up challenges, like starting a book on Sunday and finishing it by Saturday, but I'm not going to force myself into that.

A different challenge that I'm going to do as well is the TBR Pile Challenge.
I haven't picked my books yet, so I'll update this when I do.

If you want to keep tabs on my progress, you can look to the bottom right of my blog (you may have to scroll down) where I will be keeping a list of what books I've finished and links to product pages.
If you'd like, each month I can do a review of the books that I have read.
What do you think? Have you enjoyed my book reviews of the past?
Drop me a line and let me know.
Until then, I better get reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment