Thursday, October 10, 2013

Braeby - You're Very Own Her Universe Fangirl!!!



Do you remember awhile back, I posted about Year of the Fangirl over at Her Universe?

Well guess what? I was yesterday's Fangirl!!!! How awesome is that?

11138_173667911602_502711602_3466423_6718954_n copy

Name of the Fangirl: Brae

What is her fangirl interest?
I love Star Wars, Sailor Moon, Batman, BSG, Final Fantasy, The Muppets, Final Fantasy, Stargate, Barbie, cosplaying… the list goes on and on…

Why did you decide to shine the spotlight on this fangirl?
For a long time I didn’t know any other geeky girls. I knew that there had to be more out there, but was having a hard time finding them, even on the Internet. So I decided to start my own blog about what it was like to be a geek girl and to showcase things that I loved that were actually aimed being at that demographic. It seemed a little bleak at first, but the more I blogged, the more of a community I found. There were other girls like me! I think it’s so important for women like us to know that there are a lot more of us out there than we think and that we are accepted as we are. That makes me so happy and so proud to be a geek girl.

How does this fangirl express her fandom?
I love to write, both on my blogs and novels. I’m currently working on my forth novel, which is a romantic comedy about a geek girl, not only finding love, but finding herself as well.
I love to bake geeky and non-geeky treats. I love the look on people’s faces when they take a bite out of something sweet.
Sewing is a newer passion of mine. I’ve started to make my own geek clothes and bags.

What is her favorite quote or personal motto?
Talk Star Wars to me!

What is her favorite fangirl item that she cannot live without?
My Batman earrings and geeky socks. My feet are small enough that I can wear kid socks. I love that I can get away with having a bit of geekdom on me in my business causal dress office.

Where can we follow her online?


And 2 days before my Birthday! Talk about awesome Birthday present!!

1 comment: