Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What Kind Of Geek Are You?


Here is a great chart that I found on Geekologie (click here for full size)

I find it totally amusing that I fall into not one, but 6 of these catagories!
Oh yes, I am a geek!

Book Geek

Today not only marks one year of me blogging, but more importantly, today the new Wheel Of Time book; Towers Of Midnight (book 13) comes out! Woo Hoo! Reading is my number one passion; yes, even before Star Wars. The Fantasy/Sci-Fi genre is my favorite, but I also enjoy some good Chic-Lit. I'm a fanatic when it comes to authors that I like and will search out and find every book they have ever written because I enjoy them so much. Such is the case with Robert Jordon, Mercedes Lackey, Brandon Sanderson, Wendy Holden and J.K. Rowling

Comic Book Geek

I wasn't really allowed to have comics as a child, but that's ok, because I came to love them later on in life. It started out with Sailor Moon Manga, then moved into Batman, Star Wars, X-Men, Spiderman and all that fun stuff. I flip around a lot between whether I'm more of a Marvel girl or a DC girl. I honestly can't decide because I love them all so much! I especially love anything that has to do with strong women; Jean Grey/Phoenix, Batgirl, Supergirl, Storm, Sailor Moon, Rogue, Princess Leia

D&D Geek

I never really got into D&D per say, but I did get involved in other games. I was first introduced to RPGing through a game called Dream Park. It was a lot of fun, even though I came in near the very end of the campaign. After that we moved on to Star Wars. This was actually when I really got into Star Wars and started to learn about the Extended Universe. I've played others over the years, Legend of the 5 Rings, actual D&D, and a great fan made Final Fantasy game where I played a sadistic White Mage (She was probably the most fun character I've ever created).

Video Game Geek

My love of video games started, like most people, when I was a child. My Gramma bought us a Nintendo one Christmas with Mario 1 & 3. Mega Man, Adventure Island, Battle of Olympus and other great games soon followed. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not good at video games, but I still love them. Years later I was introduced to Final Fantasy. That's when I truely fell in love with RPG's. Final Fantasy VIII, X, XIII, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are my all time favorites.

Film Geek

I love movies. I love going to them and buying them and watching them over and over and over until I can quote most of the movie from memory. Such is the case when I saw The Fellowship of the Rings in the theatre over 10 times or when I saw Episode II at least 6 or 7 times. Movies to me are timeless. If I like something, I can watch it dozens of times before I get sick of it, then I just switch to something else until that wears off. I love most movie genres, but my favorites are probably Action, Fantasy and Romantic Comedy.

Star Wars Geek

I love Star Wars, but I'm sure you already know that by now, and if not, you really haven't been paying much attention. Why do I love Star Wars? Well, I've asked myself that question many times before and I still can't come up with an answer; I just do. Maybe it's Princess Leia? She did teach me to be strong, to stand up to injustice and to fight for what I beleive in. She showed me that I could play with the boys and still be a woman. She's my hero!


I guess the whole point of this is to be true to yourself and love whatever you love, no matter what other people might think. Dream big, blog hard and stay true!

I'm a Geek and I'm Proud!
are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment