Thursday, November 4, 2010

George Takei Calls Out Anti-Gay Arkansas School Board Member


George Takei's hilarious response to anti-gay bully Clint McCance, former Arkansas school board member who called for more gays teens to kill themselves.
The views expressed here are those of George Takei and do not necessarily reflect those of the Trevor Project.
George Takei is best known for his role as Sulu on Star Trek on both TV and film. He has appeared in NBC's "Heroes" and is currently a spokesperson for Sharp TV and a regular guest announcer on the Howard Stern show. George will star in his first Broadway role in 2012 in "Allegiance"--a story of a Japanese American family during WWII and the internment.

I love Sulu, and if I didn't love him before, I certainly do now.
One of the things you may not know about me is that I'm a full supporter of Gay Rights.
I come from a small town that wasn't very supportive of gay rights. My best friend in the entire world came out to me in high school and together we fought through the insesitivity of those cruel years.
Since then I've left that small town behind and moved to the big city, where I live in the gay community and have for the last 5 years. Never, ever have I lived in such a wonderful and accepting community where I feel so safe.
I am so proud of my gay friends and also of George Takei for speaking up. So listen up douchbags, we've got Sulu fighting on our side now!

No comments:

Post a Comment