Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Star Wars Muppets


Star Wars and the Muppets have a long happy history together, starting with Frank Oz, the wonderful puppeteer who brought life to many of my favourite Muppets; Miss Piggy, Burt, Cookie Monster, Animal, Fozzie Bear, Grover, and of course my favorite little Jedi Master, Yoda.
Shortly after Star Wars was released, cross-overs started to spring up, starting with one of my favorite episodes of The Muppet Show, where both Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamil show up. *snicker*



This soon followed suit with many other cross-overs, including Muppet Babies

(awesome picture by daikikun75)
Disney World even decked out our favorite Muppets in honour of Star Tours.


I love that Piggy has a hair dryer instead of a blaster.

Even one of my favorite artists, Katie Cook, agrees that this is such a great combination.
Just check out her awesome drawings


Who doesn't love Camilla the Chicken playing Princess Leia?


I'm sure this is just the beginning and I hope to see much more of it in the future.
Know of any good Muppet/Star Wars crossovers that I'm missing? Drop me a line :)

No comments:

Post a Comment