Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Star Wars Facebook'd BBQ

So I was recently involved in an awesome event.
I'm part of a group called Star Wars Facebook'd, where we all chat, laugh, post pics and links all making fun of Star Wars. All in good nature of course, because we are all hard core Star Wars geeks. Some of the members already knew each other, but I wasn't one of them. Slowly but surely, I started to get to know the other members, starting with the Leader of the Pack Chris.
Then one day, out of the blue, while in The Silver Snail (in the SW section of course) I ran into him!


What are the odds of two Torontonians randomly meeting in a comic book shop, in the Star Wars section? Actually pretty good, I'd say.

Since then, Chris and I have been hanging out quite a bit. Since most of the members of the group are actually from Toronto or the surrounding area, we decided that it would be fun to stage a BBQ.

Months of planning later, we had our very first (and hopefully annual) Star Wars Facebook'd BBQ out on Center Island!

Do you like my Slave Leia Bikini Nails?


A party just isn't a party without a Darth Vader mask and some Princess Leia buns @._.@






Or a full ANH Leia costume (over jeans no less)


We even had some awesome SW plates, cups, napkins, tattoos and even a table cloth!



It's a SNACK!


Chris never met a cupcake he didn't like, and Admiral Snack-bar was no exception.


Utinni!


To see more of my awesome treats that I took, check out Bake Star Wars For Me



Surprisingly there were more girls there then boys!



As the day began to wear down, we were treated to this beautiful view of our city


We gathered by the land's end and watched the city lights blink on one by one.
A grand end to a grand day


I can't wait until next year!

Hopefully we'll have our officer shirts by then. (hint, hint, nudge, nudge Chris)


1 comment:

  1. It certainly was a fun time!! Can't wait to do it again next year!!

    ReplyDelete