Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BYou - A Blast From My Disney Past


Many of you may not know that I used to work in The Disney Store in the Toronto Eaton's Centre for a couple of years when I first moved to Toronto.
It was a great job and I loved it a lot, that is until an Evil Witch took the guise of our Store Manager and chased all the employees off, eventually myself included.

But that's besides the point.
What is the point, you ask? Well I'll tell you.
Earlier today I received a blast from my Disney past when an old cast member (coworker) of mine sent me this video


That probably doesn't mean much to you, but it made me laugh my ass off! Why?
If you've ever been in The Disney Store, you've probably seen what we like to call 'the loop'.
The loop is that screen at the back of the store, right above Plush Mountain.

(this is not from the store I worked in, thankfully)

This is where you will see movie clips, trailers, hear trivia and watch silly music videos. When I first stared it was back to school season and they were playing School House Rock, which was awesome and taught me about verbs and such while I worked (and while I slept).

The problem with the loop, is that it does just that, loop. Usually each loop is about an hour and a half long. So if you're working an 8 hour shift, you hear the loop around 5 or 6 times. Needless to say by the time they send you a new loop, you know the old one inside out and backwards. I use to lie in bed at night and have the loop play over and over again in my head. But once you get over that and the magic of Disney catches up with you, you find yourself singing or at least humming along with the loop.

We had a lot of fun working there.

(you can see the screen to the left of us)

Sometimes when the loop was particularly bad, we would spend our shifts making fun of it. This usually happened when the store was quiet.... usually....

This was definitely the case when The Cheetah Girl Movie came out and BYou started playing on the loop. We thought this video was silly and started mocking the choreography.
Of course I was the one that took that mocking to the extreme, with my over exaggerated dance moves. But I'm like that. This soon became known as "Brae's Song"

Once when we were cleaning up the store after a long day, we left the loop on while we worked. I was redoing Plush Mountain, as often was my job, when this song came on. So I got up on the top of the mountain and did my crazy, over exaggerated dance to the video, much to the excitement of my fellow cast members, but I lost my balance and took a tumble into the plush!
Good times, good times...

Anyway, after watching the video today, I noticed this come up on the side lines:


That's right! You too can learn these Awesome dance moves! (including my favorite fist bumbing sequence!)
(hopefully it comes with one of those shirts!)

But wait, there's MORE! When you order this video, you can also order this video as well!
That's right folks! BYou2 - Hip Hop meets Bollywood?

There's actually part of me that would love to get these and learn the routines just to tell my Disney chums that I did. And then I would sneak into the Disney Store and do them on top of plush mountian.
Oh yeah!

Update: After sending this to my friend Andrew, he sent me back this awesome picture!


Oh man, I'm hot! lol

3 comments: