Monday, November 16, 2009

2012: A Review



So today I'm going to be reviewing the new movie 2012, which just hit theatres last week. I got a chance to see this on the weekend.
Now first off, let me get something off of my chest. I have a little bit of a problem with this movie considering the fact that they are trying to spead fear about the year 2012. I don't know if you know anything about this event that will be hitting us near the end of December of that year, but it marks the end of the Mayan Calander and the age of Pieces, also the dawning of the age of Aquarius.
It's 1130 Days, 22 Hours, 17 Minutes, 00 Seconds away if anyone is interested in counting.
Some people believe that this is the end of the world as we know it. Others, like myself, believe that this new age will bring enlightenment. Either way, I think that instilling fear into people about something that they can't control is always a bad thing (Y2K anyone?)



With that rant out of the way, let's get back to the review at hand. So despite my feeling about instilling fear, I really, badly wanted to see this movie. And it didn't dissapoint.
I love a good disaster movie probably more than most girls do. I'm not sure why, but it makes my blood race with excitement.
I would have to say that at least over an hour, maybe and hour and a half of this three hour movie was devoted strictly to full scale disaster and the amazing special effects make it seem incredibly real!
The destruction of California alone is worth the $12 I spent to get into it.



I must say that I was even impressed with the acting in this movie, something that can be rare with films like this. John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Danny Glover, Amanda Peet, Thandie Newton, Oliver Platt and a great cameo by Woody Harrelson, gave life to a epic movie about death.
A must see while it's in theatres for sure!
Overall Rating: 6 out of 5 stars!

Here's the link to the trailer if you haven't seen it yet
2012

1 comment: